SELF STORAGE TIPS
Our Storage Experts Are
Available To Answer Any Questions!
Monday - Friday ::
8AM - 5PM
Saturday :: 8AM - 12PM
(252) 338 - 8850
Helpful Storage Tips:
1) To avoid attracting rodents, do not store food items of any kind. Place rodent poison in your unit to protect your stored items.
2) Place mothballs around the perimeter of the storage unit. This is an excellent freshener and insect repellent as well.
3) When storing clothes, make sure they are clean and well packed in sealed boxes.
4) Place pallets or tarps on the floor to aid in protection of your items from moisture.
5) To aid in ventilation, leave air space around the unit’s perimeter.
6) Label all boxes. Keep a list of labeled boxes for easy reference.
7) Individually wrap fragile items when packing them. Place the most fragile items in the top of the box and be sure to label those boxes “Fragile”.
8) Fill cartons to capacity. Partially full or bulging cartons may tip or collapse. Store heavy items on bottom.
9) Clean and dry any electrical equipment before storing it – items with sealing doors such as refrigerators should be stored with the door slightly ajar.
10) Place a light cloth dust cover over your furniture. DO NOT USE PLASTIC – Humidity may condense on plastic and cause damage.
11) Pack books flat in boxes to protect their spines.
12) Leave a walkway to the rear of your space if possible for easy access. Place frequently used items near the door. A small efficiently packed unit will cost less than a larger unit, which the contents are poorly arranged.
13) Regular storage spaces are similar to storing in a garage. Climate Controlled spaces are the best way to protect electronics and furniture.
14) Remember that your storage facility does not insure your property. Low cost insurance is available to purchase from Bob Bader Insurance Company for your convenience.
ITEMS NOT TO PACK OR
PLACE IN UNITS:
Flammable, corrosive or explosive items:
Acid, Gasoline, Poisons, Charcoal, lighter fluid, fertilizer, paints, car batteries, matches, nail polish and remover, ammunition, chemistry sets, stern aerosols, kerosene, pool chemicals, liquid bleach, fireworks, pesticides, motor oil, paint thinner, batteries, loaded weapons, weed killer, ammonia, lamp oil, propane tanks, cleaning fluid.
Air-Tight Storage |
Choosing Your Storage Unit |
Reserve Your Unit | Storage Tips
Home | About Us
| Customer Service |
© copyright 2006 Air-Tight Storage,